Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why writing about films, that too old and forgotten...

I am watching a lot of films. Mostly with unstructured agenda. The movies that I see are mostly the ones which are available on p2p network and have their mention in IMDB database. There is neither any specific logic, nor any scheme of events about the movies. So, why write about the movies? Particularly the ones that see without any purpose or a logical thread.

Three apparent reasons appeal me to take up writing about movies and generally about anything that I do now-a-days. Firstly, while watching a movie, my mind struggles to answer: "why the hell are you watching?". A slight guilt gets developed. I realize that the movie may not be great and it looks like I am whiling away my time, which can be better employed gainfully somewhere. Writing about movies will hopefully give me a purpose to watch. It will keep inner mind occupied to find out what I liked and what I did not. It will also help me identify the take aways from the film. In short, writing about movies may provide me purpose of watching them.

Secondly, there are certain scenes or dialogs or even some sentences that have made a deep impact on me, though the context gets distorted over a period of time. For example, I remember one sentence from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' Sherlock Holmes: "singularity is invariably a clue". I have used this sentence so many times in different situations to have impact and it has had a great impact the way I desired. Over a period of time I myself have created my own environment for this sentence forgetting completely the context in which it was used. This develops fluidity. New abstractions are welcome but not at the loss of original meaning. By writing them down I wish to retain the original flavor with new additions.

Thirdly, movies or some works of literature that I have experienced different times in my life have appealed to me differently. I wish to create a record by these writing to see and find out what I like and why I like certain things at certain times.

This blog is not made public. That does not mean that this blog is maintained privately with passwords and all. What t means is; I will not promote this blog. If any one finds out accidentally it is ok, if no one finds about this then also it is ok. This is what I want to read about what I write. In case any of you read this and are astonished at my stupidity then please remember that you are reading someone's diary and keep your astonishment to yourself and don't judge me by my writing. Judge me by what I say, that is my forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment